Thursday, August 6, 2015

What Size Garage Will I Need For My New Custom Home?

What Size Garage Will I Need For My New Custom Home?

Sound like a straight forward question but things are different here from other parts of the Country. As I mentioned in my ‘Florida basement chapter”, Central Florida Homes come without an actual basement under the house. Additionally, attic spaces are unusable and outside storage sheds are prohibited by most homeowner’s associations. So where do I put all my stuff? Items like bicycles, lawn equipment, tools, sports equipment, pressure washer, jet skis, boat and more?

Frankly, most Florida homes are woefully inadequate when it comes to storage space. Custom homes normally come with a 3 car garage but even that leaves something to be desired. That’s why most garages are packed full with stuff. Additionally, most homeowners associations ban overnight parking in the street.

Normally, 2 cars are parked in the garage and the smaller 1 car garage, space is for all the stuff. So my point, think carefully about storage before you design you custom home.




No comments:

Post a Comment