Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Clay Tile Roof Or Concrete Tile for My Custom Home?

Www.regalclassichomes.com

 

Clay Tile Roof Or Concrete Tile for My Custom Home?

 


 

Decisions? Decisions? Building a new Custom Home requires lot's of decisions. How do I decide between a light weight tile roof and clay roofing material?

Most Orlando custom home buyers select light weight concrete tile because it's less expensive than clay and easily lasts for 50 years. On the other hand, clay roof tiles last hundreds of years. The choice unusually comes down to cost and colors. Clay only comes in natural colors where as concrete roofing colors are almost unlimited.

If you are considering a shingle roof for your Central Florida home, most only last 15 years. I don't care what the manufacturers warranty says. Don't believe me, ask a roofer or your favorite Realtor. They have shingle roofs replaced very week.

Once you get past the decision of roofing tiles it comes down to other decisions:

  1. Open or closed valley?
  2. type of  flashing and underlayment.
  3. Can I put solar on my roof and sell power back to the electric company
  4. How To Clean My Tile Roof?

After all, no matter which type of roof tile you select they all leak! What? Exactly, all roofing tiles leak so the real waterproofing is below the roof tile in the underlayment. If the Builder uses a cheap underlayment it doesn't make any difference which roof tile you select.

Read more......

 

Have an awesome day!

 

Mike

 

www.regalclassichomes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment