Thursday, December 24, 2015

Be Kinder Than Necessary.

Www.regalclassichomes.com

 

Be Kinder Than Necessary.

 

 

I grew up in NYC where it was every man for themselves. It's been a long journey. Lol. 

Now I find that I'm more comfortable being kinder than necessary. Frankly, I feel better being this way and it makes everyday more enjoyable. It makes me feel good and it makes the people I meet feel great too! Many times, it's more rewarding.  Not that any personal benefit is my purpose for being kind. Life just works out better this way. It's hard to explain. It's something that has to experienced. 

Tonight is a great example. It's a family tradition to eat at Seasons 52 on Christmas Eve. An enjoyable evening for just our little family group. My wife Ellen, daughter Melanie and me. 

I started talking to a man at the hostess stand. Not for any particular reason. He recently relocated from NYC and introduced himself as "Oscar". He ended up seating us at a great table in the piano bar. 

Oscar circled back to our table periodically throughout the evening and we continued to chat. I even introduced him to my wife and daughter too. 

One thing lead to the next and before I knew it he dropped by to pour each of us a complimentary glass of expensive Champaign, which was very generous. I complimented Oscar on our fabulous meal and mentioned that our server "Tommy" is providing great service. 

On Oscars next visit to our table, we exchanged business cards and he presented a complimentary "Seasons 52" chef's knife and a $25 gift certificate, redeemable on our next visit. 

Before we left, Oscar who turns out to be a managing partner, thanked us again for our business and said, he will be calling me when he is ready to build a home in a few years. As I said, being kinder than necessary just makes life easier and sometimes more rewarding too but it's never about monetary rewards. 

It's as though I've spent most of my life swimming up stream, fighting the current and the more recent years swimming with it. It all just works out better when I'm kinder than necessary. I recommend it.

Have an awesome day!

 

Mike

 

Www.regalclassichomes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment