Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Upgrade your AC Unit to Save Money $$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upgrade your AC System to Save Money$$$$

Ok, now that I have your attention let me tell you the real story.

Builder:
The Building Code requires a 13 SEER level for your HVAC system. That's a good thing! 

Client:
So what if I select more of a good thing and upgrade the SEER level to the next highest level of 14 SEER? Is that a good thing to do?

Builder:
Absolutely!

Client:
Well, why is that a good thing? 

Builder:
Because the payback period for that investment is only 4 years. 

Client:
Oh, I get it, that's a fast payback for my money. I won't have to wait too long to start saving real money on my electric bill. I like that!

Ok, I like this! What if I do some more of this upgrading of my HVAC system? Can I upgrade my HVAC system to a level higher than 14 SEER? Is that a good thing?

Builder
Well, yes and no. You can upgrade to 16 SEER and save even more money but there is a problem. The payback period for that level of energy efficiency is 18 years. 

Client:
Wow, that's a really long time! 

Builder:
That's because it costs a lot more to make an 16 SEER, HVAC system that's energy efficient.
The payback period of 18 SEER is even worse!

So what I'm saying, energy efficiency has a sweet spot. As a Builder that's what I do, help Clients find the sweet spot on their investment $$$.

Homeowners want to save money on their electric bills but want to see the savings in a reasonable amount of time. 

Client:
Anything more than 10 years out is too long, before I see any result from the money I invest in energy, saving, items.

Builder:
This is the kind of question I answer all the time.

Let me help you navigate through all the energy saving products and make smart choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment