Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Does Your Builder Offer A Pre Drywall Orientation?

Does Your Builder Offer A Pre Drywall Orientation?

After the framing stage of your homes construction but before insulation, is the opportunity for a pre-drywall orientation. All the mechanicals (plumbing, electrical, HVAC and low voltage) have been completed as well as all the County Require Rough Inspections. The Builder has performed all of his inspections and the items found have been corrected by the trades.

Now, is the opportunity for the Owners to take a final look a what's behind the walls (drywall) of their new home. Actually, in my Company, it provides another opportunity to demonstrate to our Customers why they made the right decision when they selected our Real Classic Homes to build their home.

I explain how their home has been constructed, from footing to trusses and all the structural components that provides protection for winds up to 130 MPH. What inspection process I have performed and steps that have been taken to insure their home has been constructed to the highest standards.

Future cabinet positions have been painted on the slab as well as toilet locations, door swings, light switches, floor material, ceiling fans, Internet connections, shelving, appliances, counter tops and all the finish materials. Any Owner questions are addressed as this is our last look behind the walls and address any unresolved issues that will effect the completion of their home.

What I've learned over the last 30+ years is to head off issues before they become problems. One day, some little thing will go wrong after the Owners moves into their home and the last thing I want them to be thinking, I wonder if this little issue is just the tip of the iceberg? I wonder what's behind the walls? I want to head off that question, my Owners know what's behind the walls because I showed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment