Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Shallow Well Irrigation for your New Custom Home

Shallow Well Irrigation for your New Custom Home
 
Every year, prior to the spring rains, I hear from neighbors how much they are spending ($300 /mo) to water their lawn.  My bills are always $25.00 per month or less and we have one of the greenest lawns in the community.  How is this possible?  We water with a shallow well. 

For an investment of under $2,000 you can water basically for free except, for the cost of electricity. With a shallow well, there is normally, no calcium or iron staining as there is with a deep well and the initial cost is low.  I install shallow wells for my Orlando, custom home building, clients.   
 
Here’s how it’s done.  The well guy comes out and jets in a well point 30’ deep or less.  I have him install 2 – 3 well points depending upon the water volume needed.  I back that all up with a cartridge pool filter, just to make sure any loose sand particles don’t fowl up sprinkler valves and heads.  He hooks up the pump and you are done.  I even use the water to fill my pool.  You may find someone cheaper and cut a few corners on my system, but this is a no brainier.  Spend $2,000 and save thousands.  You will return your initial investment in 2 years. I wish all home building decisions were this difficult.  

No comments:

Post a Comment